Our story officially starts long before our founding. Like, a really long time before.
Ogury takes its name from the ancient practice of "Augury". In the days of the Roman empire this was the practice of interpreting omens and predicting the future by observing the flight patterns of birds.
Fast forward a few thousand years, and our Co‑Founders Jean Canzoneri and Thomas Pasquet had an omen. An omen they believed so confidently in, they were prepared to take life-changing action. What was it? That the signals contained in user journeys on mobile, combined with technology, could be turned into data that predicts human behaviors, intentions, and interests. They searched and discovered no such technology existed. Ogury was born.
Together with a band of mobile misfits, data crazy-ones, AI action-takers and visionary investors, Jean & Thomas have created something that is changing the advertising world as we know it.
Scroll through our story below:
- Established headquarters in London, UK
- Opened office in Paris, France
- Extended our European presence by opening two Italian offices in Milan and Rome
- Expanded our presence by opening our first USA office in New York City
- Extended our presence to Madrid, Spain
- Nominated by The Drum for MOMA award in "Best Use of Data" category
- Extended our presence by opening USA offices in Los Angeles, and Chicago
- Opened a second French office, in Strasbourg
- Winner of Devies award for "App Monetization"
- Winner of MOMA's award for "Most effective Mobile As Campaign/Strategy"
- Winner of "Grand Prix des Enterprises de Croissance" for international growth
- Acquired Adincube, an Intelligent Ad Mediation technology
- Opened another USA office in Bentonville, AR
- Named no.6 in "Sunday Times Tech Track 100"
- Acquired Influans, a CRM Campaign Optimization technology
- Extended our European presence by opening an office in Belgrade, Serbia
- Released a new interactive format, Ad Chooser
- Named 26th fastest-growing tech company in the world by The Sunday Times
- Won The Wires Award for "Best Mobile Campaign"
- Extended our global presence by opening offices in Germany, Netherlands, Mexico, and Singapore
- Named the 16th fastest-growing company in the "Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200"
- Released first non-full-screen mobile-native format, Thumbnail Ad
- Launched Ogury Personified Advertising Engine, which combines audience insights, future-proof brand performance and privacy protection in one technology stack
- Thumbnail Ad recognized at the Mobile Creativity Award, Les Mobiles D’or, and Les Trophées de l’innovation Publicitaire
- Released a new engaging format - Header Ad - that blends elegantly in the page header
- Listed within "Built In's 100 Best Places to Work in New York City"
- Awarded "AdTech Company of the Year" at the UK Business Tech Awards
- Won four awards for our campaign with Ford, including the "Digital Advertising Video award" at La Nuit des Rois
- Expanded our mobile offering to include header and footer ad formats on mobile web
- Extended our global presence by opening offices in Japan, Hong Kong, Colombia, Denmark, and Switzerland
- Launched Ogury Brand Index (OBi)
- Expanded our creative studio by acquiring Motionly
Do you want to learn more about Ogury
since our inception in 2014?